10:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. Conference Registration
11:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. Conference Kick-Off Physical Activity
Activities include yoga, running group, walking group, and basketball.
1:30 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. Workshops Sessions
Workshops will be presented in 3-hour and 1.5-hour formats. Conference participants may attend one 3.5-hour workshop or two 1.5-hour workshops.
3.5-HOUR Workshop Sessions (1:30 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.)
1) Systematic observation of physical activity using iPad apps for research and practice: iSOPARC and iSOFIT
T. McKenzie, T. Carlton, L. Suau
1.5-HOUR Workshop Session 1 (1:30 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.)
1) Designing and executing natural experiments in active living research
C. Lee, M. Ory, X. Zhu, W. Li, M. Xu, D. Kellstedt, D. Berrigan
2) Strategies for measuring Local Wellness Policy implementation in schools to support districts in meeting new federal mandates
E. Hager, L. Turner, M. Schwartz, H. Lane, K. Campbell
3) Engagement strategies for vibrant community placemaking
A. Petzel, V. Pacino, K. Edwards
4) Launching physical activity research in community settings: A primer on strategies for recruiting, retaining and applying novel technologies
S. Echeverria, T. Gonzalez, T. Huang, R. Strack, M.Green Parker
5) Complete Park Systems: Tackling health inequities through civic engagement
6) Leadership: Finding your passion, voice, and roadmap to success
1.5-HOUR Workshop Session 2 (3:30 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.)
1) Measure selection for the physical activity environment with NCCOR Measures Registry User Guides modules
D. Berrigan, J. Carlson, T. Huang, J. Sallis, A. Samuels, C. Tribby, H. Zaganjor
2) Promoting active and engaged communities: Using the Assembly Civic Design Guidelines to enhance civic life
S. Nienaber, B. Ross
3) Holy Spokes bike share: Exploring the patterns of use, associations with built environment features, and implications for city planning and transportation in Charleston, South Carolina
S.M. Hughey, M. Mcnamara, D. Bornstein, K. Brown, W.J. Davis, J. Lindsey
4) Active and healthy communities: Telling the story using body-worn accelerometers
M.H. Granat, K. Lyden, D.J. Maxwell
5) Grassroots driven efforts to improve community parks and increase public safety
5:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. Poster Session 1 and Welcome Reception
The poster session will give presenters and attendees the opportunity to network and discuss the most recent active living research and practice/policy work across a broad range of topics and settings.
For detailed information, visit the official ALR2019 conference website: www.alr-conference.com.